It’s true. You can actually lose up to 10 pounds of unhealthy fat easily using a few quick and easy diet tips. All it requires is that you make conscious, healthy eating choices. And don’t think that a diet means bland foods. Healthy meals and snacks are effective if they are made from delicious fruits and vegetables that will keep you satisfied and coming back for more.
One of the biggest misconceptions people make when they think about losing those 10 pounds is that they are going to have to give up all the foods that they really enjoy. The beauty of this plan is that it’s flexible enough to adapt to either short or long term goals without having to loose your sense of taste.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water. For a little bonus add some lemon to the water. Avoid anything containing processed sugar or even diet drinks. This only causes a chain reaction that makes you crave sugar even more.
- Choose foods that you can chew. It may seem easier to eat things that don’t require much chewing, but the act of chewing by its self can leave you feeling more satisfied and full sooner.
- When you go shopping make sure that you stick to the list. And if you can, do not shop when you are hungry. It may sound silly, but shopping when you’re feeling hungry only leads to you picking up items that end up just being empty calories.
- One of the best things you can do for yourself is to start keeping a food journal. Write down whatever you eat and drink during the day, including the approximate amount and the time when you consumed these items. Being able to easily see what you have put in your mouth during the day not only helps you to see chances for change, but you will also be able to see how you have progressed over time.
- Consciously eat. When you slow down, making sure to chew your food. This will not only leave you feeling more satisfied with less food but you will also be able to more easily read your bodies signal that it’s full.
- When planning out meals, once a week make a meal that does not contain any form of cheese or meat. Instead use beans, brown rice, steamed or raw vegetables. You can even use tofu as a protein replacement.
- Be aware of how much fat you either add to food before you eat it or about how much fat is already in prepared foods. From there, use only half of what you use to use. Put half the butter on your baked potato, use mustard instead of mayonnaise on a sandwich or cut back on the amount of oil you use to pan fry foods. In time these changes will add up to more lost pounds.
- Start purchasing and using lower fat content dairy products. If you drink milk, unless you already drink skim milk take a step down one level. Go from whole to 2%. When purchasing cheese, yogurt and cottage cheese also go for the lower fat content. Also check to see if some of those products contain hidden sources of sugar.
- Use moderation when eating sweet treats and cut them back to less than 3 a week. This covers everything from candy, to cake, ice cream and even chocolate.
- Replace fatty sources of protein such as eggs and red meat with leaner options. Beans, fish, chicken and yogurt are a few good sources to name a few.
- Several foods seem to be more filling and satisfying when you grate them. Apples, carrots and beets are just to name a few.
- Any chance you have, make sure you use products that contain whole grains. Not only will they help keep your system clean, but as an added bonus you will actually feel fuller with less food.
- Do not eat a meal or snack and watch TV at the same time. Studies prove that you are more likely to ignore your bodies signal that it is full and eat more in front of the television. When it’s time to eat, make sure that’s the only thing your doing.
- Fit in at least two daily servings of vegetables to your diet. Use it for snacks if you have a sudden urge to eat during the day.
- Just like the vegetables, eat 2 services of fruit every day. Make sure to get fruit that is in season for the best flavor and eat them in place of an afternoon snack or as desert. Fresh, non-refrigerated fruits are the best.