When you are looking for a website for your business or for online marketing of your personal services, what can be your first question? It can be, “Which tools and technology are the most suitable for your website?”.
There are many technologies for website development and design. The most popular tool in the market nowadays are Content Management Systems (CMS) which are developed using PHP as the base programming language. There are many content management systems in the market these days, but the most popular are Drupal, WordPress, and Joomla.
Now, let us get back to the question. Which tools and technology are the most suitable for your website?
To get an answer for this question, you would probably need to ask some questions to yourself.
- Do you want to make a site with dynamic content which will change frequently?
- Do you want to be able to easily manage your content?
- Do you want to be able to expand your website in future without switching to other technology?
- Do you want your website highly secure?
- Do you want not to spend money separately on the features of your website?
These questions can help you decide the right tool for your website.
If all your answers are YES, then Drupal can be the best choice for your website.
What is Drupal?
Drupal is an open source content management system maintained and developed by a community of over 1,000,000 users and developers. It’s distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (or “GPL”), and anyone is free to download it, use it and share it with others. The community is constantly working to make sure Drupal is a cutting-edge platform that supports the latest technologies that the Web has to offer. The Drupal project’s principles encourage modularity, standards, collaboration, ease-of-use, and more.
Dries Buytaert began the Drupal software as a message board in 1999. Within a year, it became so popular that more people became interested using and contributing to Drupal, so the project was made open source. In 2001, Drupal.org came online and by the year 2005, the Drupal gained momentum and became popular as a Content Management System.
Now Let us see what makes the Drupal outstanding among the most popular Content Management Systems.
- Drupal is a CMS but it is also a content management framework, giving you the more power, speed and flexibility.
- Drupal package powered by core modules which gives you the simple sites right out of the box without the need of programming knowledge.
- Drupal provides thousands of contributed modules which enables you to create almost any feature on your site. For example, by using only a few powerful modules like Views, Rules and Ubercart will get you a commerce site quickly set up.
- Drupal also allows you to make custom modules for your specific needs.
- Drupal has a very active community, with a number of IRC channels, forums, and even face-to-face Drupal events. There’s also a community-generated documentation that is constantly being updated and improved.
- Its security related contributed modules like Content Access, Field Validation, Doorman, LoginToBoggan, Captcha, Spamicide etc. help make your site highly secure.
- Drupal has great SEO modules like SEO Tools, XML-sitemap, Google Analytics, Content Analysis, Pathauto, Metatag etc.
Click here to know more about Drupal
Drupal is used by many big organizations, institutions. It is also used by governments of USA, UK, France, New Zealand, The Prince of Wales.
I hope the information given in this article will help you choose the best option for you and/or your client’s websites.